New career opportunity: Coordinator, Finance and Accounting
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : January 18, 2018
CCDI is currently seeking a Coordinator, Finance and Accounting to assist in the daily financial transactions of the organization.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Operations and Administration and is located in downtown Toronto.
Applications are only accepted online. No calls, emails or office visits, please.
This is a new role for CCDI and will play a critical role in driving CCDI’s financial success.
An individual in this role has a strong background in finance and accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, banking, tax, etc., as well as project management and administration. Work will be performed in a cross-functional and inter-departmental manner requiring interactions with other CCDI staff on a daily basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The following outlines the key responsibility:
- Accounts Payable – ensure invoices are authorized, accurate and recorded in accounting system, prepare and issue cheques for signing, review, print cheques, arrange for signatures, distribute payments and maintain files; Processing of all credit card transactions and maintain receipts and files.
- Accounts Receivable – issue invoices, record receipts, post bank deposits accurately through the accounting system, follow up on unpaid balances, maintain reporting systems and forms;
- General Ledger – reconcile intercompany accounts, post journal entries, close each month, generate financial reports and assist with financial analysis,
- Bank – prepare monthly banking reconciliations including credit card statements.
- Complete and file applicable reports such as HST, EHT, QST etc.. as required.
- Year-end and audit – Assist with the preparation of audit working papers, Work with auditor to ensure a smooth and accurate audit
- Other duties as requested by management from time to time
This position requires a candidate who has excellent time management and communication skills, is organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Business or accounting degree or diploma, or equivalent years of experience;
- Accounting/Bookkeeping designation (or in progress) with 2 years related experience or equivalent education and experience;
- Advanced accounting software and Microsoft Office skills, Experience with Quickbooks Online would be an asset;
- Well-developed organizational skills and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate documentation on a timely basis;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands;
- Ability to recognize situations or judgement calls that should be brought to management for resolution and decision-making;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a not-for-profit organization.
Be sure to complete the required online application process, and provide a RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ONE FILE. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The application deadline for this position is February 2, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- To apply for this position, please click here.