New career opportunity: Coordinator, QA Tester
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : December 22, 2017
We are seeking an experienced QA Software Coordinator (Quality Assurance Software Tester) with minor software development skills, to join our IT team in Calgary.
The Software tester will participate in testing, documentation and support of various web-based software systems.
This position is in downtown Calgary.
- Enhance and develop information systems using web, database, and object-oriented technology
- Participate in all application development through the SDLC to post-production and support
- Support, test and document parts of a complex and comprehensive product suite of CCDI tools.
- Support the development process by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software.
- Maintain good documentation on production applications, network and system, which include configurations, backup and change history information
- Issue Management
- Review & assess reported issues.
- Resolve tickets with our IT vendors when necessary.
- Communicate resolved issues (Internal or to clients)
- Provide IT technical support and training as required, on internal processes & software applications.
- Work with the IT Team to understand project(s) priorities, timelines and dependencies
- Conduct functional and user testing based on testing scripts and manage issue log up to resolution.
- Provide back-up support to IT Team by completing assigned duties as required to meet the needs of the organization.
- Advocate software quality with the team, ensuring understanding of QA and best practices.
- Develop & execute testing plans and test cases to exercise software & ensure software quality
- Develop and document user acceptance criteria for new functionality
- Contribute to unit testing, staging testing, functional testing and regression testing
- Document testing plans, test cases and acceptance criteria
- Document software use and problem resolution
- Completion of College or University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- Software Quality Assurance:
- 2-5 years’ experience in Software QA testing including some experience in building software requirements documents for the delivery of IT initiatives.
- Experience with QA testing for mobile technologies
- Strong knowledge of data collection, storing, and mining.
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL and any other programming languages
- Jira Customer Support & Testing Software
- SDLC: System Development Life Cycle
- Experience testing in a software development team
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong comfort with web-based technology.
- Must be committed to teamwork
- Strong client focus
- Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal & external customers
- Uses feedback for improvements in products and services
- Listening – Patient and attentive, you practice active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree
- Written communication skills – able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision – enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Ability to take verbal and written direction and follow through to complete projects and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential data and interacting with management, staff, clients and volunteers.
The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- SharePoint Knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
Be sure to complete the required online application process, and provide a RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ONE FILE. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The application process is now closed.