New career opportunity: Project Coordinator, Consulting
Posted in : Careers
Posted on : January 27, 2017
This is a very diversified role which includes managing and coordinating client projects, while providing administrative support to the entire Consulting Team. An individual in this role has a strong background in project management and administration, as well as establishing and retaining successful client relationships. Work will be performed in a cross-functional and inter-departmental manner requiring interactions with members of the Consulting Team on a daily basis.
This position is located in Toronto.
Application online only. No calls, emails or office visits please. For more information on the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, visit our website at www.ccdi.ca.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, an individual provides support to the Consulting Team by performing the following, where other applicable duties or responsibilities may be assigned from time to time. This role reports to the Senior Director, Consulting.
- Manages and coordinates client engagements led by the Senior Director, Consulting and Senior Director, Measurement & Analytics:
- Overall management of project scope and objectives for each client, involving all relevant stakeholders and technical components.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external clients, third parties, and vendors.
- Ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate the activities of internal resources and third parties to ensure flawless execution of the project (project resources may be based in more than one location).
- Manage any changes to the project scope, timeline, and budget using appropriate verification techniques and project management software.
- Support and collaborate with Project Manager, Measurement & Analytics on consulting engagements that involve implementation of measurement products such as the Diversity Census Tool or Employer Inclusivity Index.
- Report and escalate any issues to management as needed.
- Administrative tasks such as setting up client meetings, coordinating invoicing and other duties as assigned.
- Supports the Director, Client Services in managing the sales cycle of consulting engagements:
- Data input and updating of clients tracking file.
- Drafting/coordinating client proposals including those in response to an RFP, RFI, etc.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and other legal documents.
- Coordinating invoicing and other administrative tasks.
- In addition to consulting engagements, manage and update Individual Practitioners accounts and database.
This position requires a candidate who has excellent time management and communication skills, is organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Technical Skills and Education:
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar Project Coordinator role/capacity in a Business, Consulting or Education sector.
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in Project Management or Business Administration would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of project management software would be an asset.
- Non-Technical Skills:
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills including meticulous attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential data while interacting with management, staff, clients, and third parties.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
- The following qualifications are not required but would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish.
- Understanding of workplace diversity and inclusion.
Be sure to complete the required online application process, and provide a RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ONE FILE. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
While we appreciate all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The application deadline for this position is February 10, 2017 – 8:00 pm ET. Apply here.